What is Great Place To Work Certification?
Great Place To Work Certification recognises employers who create an outstanding employee experience.
Certification is a two-step process that includes surveying your employees and completing a short questionnaire about your workplace.
Because employee feedback and independent analysis determine the scores, Certification helps job seekers identify which companies genuinely offer a great company culture.
Certification gives employers a recruiting advantage by providing a globally recognised and research-backed verification of great employee experience.
Two-thirds of UK employees say they're more likely to apply for a job that is officially recognised as a great place to work
How to get Great Place To Work Certified™
Survey your employees
Select a 2-week period to launch the Trust Index™, our research-backed employee survey.
Complete the Culture Brief
Fill out a short questionnaire about your company's history and demographics.
Celebrate your Certification
Meet our 65% Trust Index™ survey benchmark and you’re Certified! You'll have access to a suite of employer branding tools and promotional assets.
Ready to Get Certified?
Fill out the form and our team will be in touch soon to explain how Certification™ works.
▶ Get noticed as an employer of choice
▶ Fill your recruitment pipeline
▶ Boost your employee pride
▶ Multiple recognition opportunities with one application
Benefits of Getting Certified
Fill your recruitment pipeline
- Earning Great Place To Work Certification highlights that you’ve created an amazing employee experience and elevates your status as an employer of choice.
- Great Place To Work Certification can help you stand out from the competition and give you the edge you need to land the best talent.
- Get Certified and get more high-quality applicants and increase your offer acceptance rate.
"Getting Certified has increased our close rate by 30%.” - Wonolo
Elevate your employer brand & boost employee pride
- Certification helps foster a strong sense of community among employees and inspires workplace price.
- Strengthen what your company stands for. Certification shows you have a clear purpose and reinforces your company’s mission, vision and values.
Proudly display your Certification badge to be recognised among the most respected employer brands in the world.
"It’s a great accreditation in terms of recruiting new team members and winning new business."
"90% of our new hires said that Great Place to Work Certification was the key deciding factor in selecting IDOC."
Access a suite of employer branding tools and promotional assets
- A custom, royalty-free Certification badge to use on all your recruiting campaigns and assets.
- Digital toolkit full of social media images, press materials, shareable content, and more.
- Your Certified company profile on greatplacetowork.co.uk
- Access to Certified merch and swag.
- Take part in Certification Nation Day with thousands of other companies globally.
Earn more company culture awards and employer branding opportunities
- Once Certified, you'll be automatically considered for placement in our upcoming Best Workplaces™ lists. One application is all you need.
- Gain the opportunity to be featured in Great Place To Work® blogs, case studies, webinars, social media, and more!
Gain powerful insights into your employee experience
- Gain an in-depth analysis of your employee experience from your Trust Index™ survey. Identify your culture strengths and opportunities for improvement.
- Unlock insights needed to build an inclusive workplace, leading to better team collaboration, improved innovation and increased financial performance.
See how you compare to Best Workplaces with benchmark data.
Great Place To Work Certification FAQs
What is Great Place To Work Certification?
Great Place To Work Certification recognises employers who create an outstanding employee experience. Certification is a two-step process that includes surveying your employees and completing a short questionnaire about your workforce.
What does participation in the Certification process look like?
Participation in our Great Place To Work Certified™ benchmark study takes the form of an employee survey (called the Trust Index) accompanied by the Culture Brief short questionnaire regarding the history and demographics of your workplace, completed by your organisation's HR team.
Organisations that have 10+ employees will be Great Place To Work Certified when their overall Trust Index score is 65% or higher.
The Certification process will provide important information about the current state of your workplace culture, enabling your leaders to measure, understand, and develop your culture further.
Certification is also the first step to becoming a Best Workplace™. Once an organisation is Certified, and provided they meet the specific Best Workplaces Trust assessment requirements for their size category, they will receive Best Workplaces recognition.
Which companies can sign up for Certification?
All UK-based and multinational organisations with a UK branch which have 10+ employees are eligible to become Great Place to Work Certified.
How do I get Great Place To Work Certified?
Certification is a two-step process that includes surveying your employees and completing a short questionnaire about your workplace history and demographics. Soon after the survey has closed, and provided you have submitted your Culture Brief questionnaire and earned an overall survey score of 65% or higher, you will receive your official Certification™ digital badge, valid for 12 months.
What does Great Place To Work Certification mean?
Great Place To Work Certification signals to the world that you have created a company culture your employees love. It proves that your organisation has created a work environment that fosters trust, fairness, respect, and camaraderie among its employees.
How much does Great Place To Work Certification cost?
At Great Place To Work, we provide three comprehensive packages: Assess™, Analyse™, and Accelerate™, all based around our employee survey. Each package offers different levels of data analysis and guidance, along with the opportunity to achieve Certification and earn recognition as one of the Best Workplaces. The pricing for these packages is determined by various factors, including the organisation's size, whether it requires a national or international survey, and any specific requirements your organisation may have for the survey and follow-up process.
How long does Great Place To Work Certification take?
We typically suggest a 2-week window to launch your survey - and with our survey platform, you're able to view and analyse the results of your survey as soon as the survey closes. Shortly after the survey has closed, and provided you have submitted your Culture Brief questionnaire and earned an overall survey score of 65% or higher, you will receive your official Certification™ digital badge, valid for 12 months.
What are the benefits of Great Place To Work Certification?
Being a Certified great workplace has several benefits for an organisation. It serves as a valuable external validation of your company's commitment to its employees which, in turn, will enhance your reputation as an employer of choice. It can also attract and retain high-quality talent, improve employee engagement and satisfaction, and contribute to overall business success.