L&Q is a regulated charitable housing association and one of the UK’s most successful independent social businesses. The L&Q Group houses around 250,000 people in more than 95,000 homes, Although our focus has traditionally has been in London and South East our ambitious plans enable us to reach and make impact further afield.
Everything we do begins with a social purpose. Our roots go back to the ‘new wave’ of housing associations created in the 1960’s, born out of a growing social consciousness around housing and homelessness. We set out to provide quality, affordable homes for the most vulnerable in society and it is that same fundamental mission that drives us today.
Our vision is that everyone has a quality home they can afford, and we combine our social purpose with commercial drive to create homes and neighbourhoods everyone can be proud of.
The homes we construct are carefully designed, built on solid foundations and made with the best materials for the job. It’s the same way that we are developing meaningful careers across an incredible range of activities from developing, renting and selling affordable homes to caring for vulnerable people – we even have an energy team and all of the support functions you’d expect, we have an amazing range of job opportunities for passionate people who want to make our big ambitions (that’s 100,000 new homes in 10 years) come true.
Our Values are:
- People – we care about the happiness and wellbeing of our customers and our employees
- Passion – we approach everything with energy, drive, determination and enthusiasm
- Inclusion – we draw strength from our differences and work collaboratively
- Responsibility – we own problems and deliver effective, lasting solutions
- Impact – we measure what we do by the difference we make