What inspires us
Here at Opinium, it's extremely important to encourage a fun working environment for our employees and celebrate success in every way. As an employer we have a lot to offer employees, from the chance to become a partner, our training, our broad variety of work, flexible working and charity days. We also have a variety of social aspects that appeal to everyone, with our social committee constantly looking for new ways to involve the whole team. We have quarterly socials, these range from; bowling, crazy golf, sports day and Christmas parties, and we also have ‘First Friday’ breakfast and ‘First Friday’ drinks, where Opinium open a bar tab in a local bar/pub and we celebrate all the hard work over the last month.
Social events are only one of the ways Opinium invests in our team, ensuring the health and wellbeing of our people is hugely important:
Subsidised massage therapist comes in once a month
- Subsidised beautician therapist comes in once a month
- Nurse brought in for annual flu jabs
- Breakfast served daily: Fresh fruit and cereal served every morning
- Recent training on managing work and personal stress
- Thursday run club sees regular runners join of all abilities
- Encourage a walk, run and cycle to work environment. Bike lockers, showers, towels for those who run/cycle in to work
- 8 of the team ran for charity in the Royal Parks Half Marathon in October 2018.
- Social committee ensures stream of social gatherings from quarterly ‘big-event’ to First-Friday drinks (partners/spouses invited). Friday bar is popular. We encourage charity work allowing two paid day’s volunteering.
- Flew the entire agency to Barcelona for the weekend in June 2018 to celebrate our 10th year.
Every year we assemble the whole agency to review our offering, structure, office environment, way of working and everything in the agency with the simple goal of ensuring we are working for “an agency we want to work for”. No ideas are ignored and all are debated and implemented if possible. This really gives people ownership over every aspect of the place they spend such a large part of their life at.
Any excuse really: whether it’s a 5th or 10th Anniversary where we give the colleague a case of premium wine from the year they joined us, weddings where we always ask to see the gift registry, to any sort of success. We always try to say a big well done!